Contact Lens Safety
October is Contact Lens Safety Awareness Month! At Dittman Eyecare, we’ve put together our best tips for properly using and caring for your contact lenses to help you prevent infections and eye injuries that can result from improper use.
Our focus is on your eye health. By following these tips, you can keep your eyes happy and healthy while using your contact lenses.
Avoid Eye Injury and Infection with Contact Lens Instructions
It is essential to follow the instructions that have been outlined for you by your eye care professional at Dittman Eyecare. These instructions include:
- Washing your hands before handling lenses
- Never sleeping with lenses in (unless prescribed to by your eye doctor)
- Replacing them based on the schedule we’ve prescribed
Care for Your Contact Lenses for Safe and Comfortable Wear
Proper care for your lenses is also crucial to safe and comfortable contact lens use. You should make sure to:
- Clean the contact lens case with fresh solution, never use water
- Replace your contact lens case every three months
- Decrease the risk of decontamination by allowing your empty case to air dry
- Avoid using a cracked or damaged lens case; this could leave you vulnerable to contamination and infection.
- Only clean lenses with fresh solution, do not use water
Contact Lens Exams and Fittings at Dittman Eyecare
At Dittman Eyecare, we know that contact lenses work best when they are the right size, shape, and prescription for your eyes, which is why we take the time to provide you with an accurate contact lens fitting exam
. If you’re interested in using contact lenses, schedule your initial evaluation and fitting exam. We can walk you through the various contact lens options that will work best for your unique eye shape and prescription during this appointment. Contact us today to learn more!
Latest posts by Dittman Eyecare (see all)